Homestay Casitas share Meztli gardens
There are two independent homestay rooms, we call them "casitas", joined by one patio and the lush garden shared with Meztli Spanish School. For one person, the nightly rate is 1,100 pesos including continental breakfast in the garden. With up to 3 meals a day the single occupancy rate is 1,300 pesos nightly. Ask about double occupancy rates.
Each casita has its own electronic locking door with an additional locked door on the street that provides a patio entrance to the two units. Each includes a private bath with hot water, two comfortable twin beds, table and chairs for studying, storage cupboard, Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and purified drinking water. The two rooms can be connected by request as they do have an adjoining door. Weekly housekeeping is provided, no need to bring sheets or towels (please don't take towels off site). Non-smoking property.
This accommodation is hosted by the Cahum family and is owned by friends of Meztli.
- The mother is Alicia, the father is José. They are a 100% Mayan family and they maintain their covid vaccinations. They have two children, a teen and a preteen.
- They offer their guests continental breakfast -or- up to 3 meals daily, vegetarian/vegan/gluten free available
- If you sign up for three meals a day and decide to cancel any or all of the meals, three days notice will be required in order to reduce your rate. This is because the family has shopped in advance for groceries.
- 1 minute walk distance to the school
- 1 small outdoor dog, 2 outdoor cats
- Host family living in attached unit behind guest rooms
- Utilize the school's garden located behind the casitas
- A non-refundable deposit equal to 3 nights is required to secure your reservation. You will receive a PayPal invoice in U.S. dollars for this amount (or request Venmo or Apple Pay). Additional night payments should be made with pesos directly to the family each 7 night period (or until end of reservation).